The Digital Academy Signmaker’s Workshop
Who's the course for?
Commercial printers new to the Sign & Display market, new employees of existing Sign & Display printers and all colleagues from a non production environment.
Using a range of Antalis materials the following techniques will be demonstrated;
Basic Application of Vinyls. Learn the basics of applying vinyl graphics and what vinyls/techniques to use when and where.
First Steps in Vinyl Application
- Vinyl – What, When and How.
- Weeding & Applying application tapes
- Preparing surfaces for application of vinyl
- Use of water/application fluids
- Applying Basic text
Moving on from the Basics
- Applying multi layers of vinyl
- Flood Coating of substrate with vinyl
- Working on Glass – etched films
Basics of Vehicle Livery
Get back to basics, forget vehicle wrapping this is all about the ever popular basic lettering on commercial vehicles
First Steps in Vehicle Livery
- General advice on layout – easy and hard areas to fit graphics to.
- Cleaning and preparation of the vehicle
- Basic application of vinyl to vehicle.
Moving on From the Basics
- Applying graphics to the front of vehicle – making it look straight
- Flood coating recessed panels
- Applying vinyl over recesses and basic curves.
- Trimming vinyl on a vehicle – dealing with door/panel seams
The Basics of making a signboard
Most Vinyl graphics have to be applied to something, if not a vehicle then it is probably a signboard, find out how and from what to make them.
First Steps in Making Signboards
- Substrates – what, when and how
- Cutting and finishing different substrates to include finishing of banners.
- Fixings for signs – what, when & how.
Moving on from the basics
- Step by step guide to making your own sign trays
- Frames – what, when and how.
- Making and fitting your own flat cut letters.
Location & Booking
The Digital Academy Coalville, Leicestershire.
6th October 2017 | 10am to 4pm
To book yourself onto the course, fill out the form below.
Paul Hughes is a Signmaker with 16 years experience running his own Signmaking business. In addition he is an author on the subject and has been presenting the successful Signmaker’s Workshop at the Sign & Digital UK for the past four years.
Includes lunch & all course materials