Digital Academy Introduction to the Large Format Market, Printers & Applications Workshop
Who's the course for?
Commercial printers and Office Products Dealers new to the Large Format market, as well as new employees of existing Large Format printers and all colleagues from a non-production environment.
Introduction to large format market
The printing process
- Design & Preparation
Printer Types – over view of the different machines, costs, strengths / weakness, type of job, materials to available to print on for:-
- Aqueous (water based) machines
- Solvent machines
- UV ink machines
- Latex machines
- Flat bed / roll feed, print and cut machines
What tools will you need and what are they used for.
Hand finishing tools
Hands on demonstrations of:-
- how to print and then finish a banner – trimming – hemming – eyeleting
- How to print a canvas and then mount it – trimming – frames – stretching - fixing
- How to print and install a pop up/roller banner – trimming – base units – fixing
- How to mount prints on boards – basic vinyl application
- How to mount prints on glass
Location & Booking
The Digital Academy Coalville, Leicestershire.
5th October 2017 10am to 4pm
To book yourself onto the course, fill out the form below.
Paul Hughes is a Signmaker with 16 years experience running his own Signmaking business. In addition he is an author on the subject and has been presenting the successful Signmaker’s Workshop at the Sign & Digital UK for the past four years.
Includes lunch & all course materials